Address: 1 Suvorov Ave.
Year of construction: second half of the 19th century
The building on 1 Suvorov Ave. is one of the first to meet city guests arriving in Izmail along the Danube. According to existed info it appeared in the second half of the XIX century and was built for the needs of the border guard. Presumably, the barracks of this department were located here.
Over its long history the building has been repeatedly rebuilt and improved. After the liberation of the city in 1944 the management services of the USSR Border Troops worked from here, and later on – one of the coastal divisions of the Soviet Danube State Shipping Company – vessel support service. During the years of independence the building was privatized.
Today it is very difficult to analyze the architectural style in which the building was originally constructed. The fact is that for more than centenary history its external appearance has changed significantly.
Nevertheless, the forms of the window openings rounded at the top of the window and discreet colors in the exterior facade are preserved. The columns and the pediment of the canopy above the main entrance, as well as the fence gratings are remodels, but they do not contradict the historical authenticity and external harmony of the historical building.
The modern exterior of the building is a typical example of a classic architectural style.