Address: Sadovaya str., 1
The period of construction – 30s of the 20th century or earlier.
There was a “round” boulevard between Sadovaya Street and Svyato-Pokrovsky Cathedral – a meeting place for all the young football players of the city, but also for tennis players.
Presumably, tennis courts on Sadovaya str. appeared along with a tennis club, which was located in the building on Benderskaya str., 10.
A single-storey rectangular building has survived to this day – it was located along the tennis court and used as a tribune. Since it is facing the cathedral on the back, it is deprived of the attention it deserves.
The exact date of its construction is unknown – local historians claim that it functioned even before October 1917. However, it is known for certain that tennis courts were already here, as the 1938 print says, when Bessarabia was a part of Romania.
The facade has a symmetrical composition with a niche occupying half of the facade. The entrances to the interior were located symmetrically on the side walls of the niche. On the left side of the building is a stone staircase leading to the roof of the club. Plastic trim is part of the arsenal of modernism and neoclassicism with a certain stylization of orders. In the central part of the facade of the building is a high stone parapet.
On April 19, 1945, the building was handed over for restoration to the structural unit of the VSS Spartak, a voluntary sports organization that owned a number of city facilities, including the current building of the Polish church on Pokrovskaya Street. In the second half of the 50-s the top-ranked USSR tennis players met here at the All-Union Tennis Championships.
Today, the tribune of the former tennis court can be seen by visiting the field of the Izmail City Organization of the Federation of Sports Organizations “Ukraine”.