Address: Kholostyakova str., 47
Year of construction: presumably 1916
Storeys – 2
The office of the former mayor and founder of the city, Lieutenant General Sergei Alekseevich Tuchkov placed in this building.
The offices of the authorities were located on the second floor, including 2 tsar’s offices. Today letters on the balcony remind us of this. One monogram is mounted on the balcony of the town governor’s office – “T”, while on the fence of the tsar’s balcony you can see two monograms – “N” (Tsar Nikolai Romanov) and the “T” again – here the “T” is located earlier than “N”.
Why like that? It’s still a mystery. According to one version, this is a kind of daring “answer” to the tsar for many years of disgrace.
The building has all the signs of a classical architectural style – clarity and purity of lines, not overloaded with decorative details. The decoration of the building is the high windows of the first floor with a hemispherical upper part and numerous voluminous horizontal details on the front facade.
After the mayor, the Danube Flotilla placed its headquarters here – from 1944 until 1960. The part that is occupied by the Old Town Hotel now was used by the House of Fleet Officers.
Before the building became empty, the headquarters of the 116th Brigade of River Ships of the USSR Navy and the Navy of Independent Ukraine placed here.