Address: Kutuzova str., 72
Year of construction: 1832
One of the oldest buildings of Izmail left almost unchanged – it’s a building on the corner of Kutuzova Street and Suvorov Avenue, reminiscent letter “G” in plan.
There is evidence that this one-story building appeared in the city in the first half of the 30s at the request of the Ishmael mayor Sergei Tuchkov due to the epidemic of plague and cholera that broke out in Izmail. Mikhail Vorontsov, the Governor-General of Bessarabia, allowed to use 5,000 rubles from the treasury of the city government for the construction of a hospital with 30 beds, with wards for 20 men and 10 women. At that time it was already the second specialized medical institution in the city.
Two brackets from the side of the avenue with mysterious initials and date draw attention to themselves: “F.Z. 1881.” The date should not be misleading, since this it appeared on the building almost half a century after its construction and were cast from cast iron and from captured Turkish cannons by order of the famous Izmail merchant Fyodor Zakhariadi for night illumination of territories adjacent to the housing construction.
Today, the building has retained its medical profile – it houses the outpatient department of the medical unit of the State Border Service of Ukraine. Part of the building is occupied by apartments.
There is an underground passage with under the building with a length of about 200 m, boneless on both sides – it is the cause of the critical condition of the building.