Address: Pokrovskaya Str., 1 (formerly Komsomolskaya St.)
Year of construction: 1961
The Izmail Central Stadium was built in 1961 on an area of 7.5 hectares. Its grand opening took place on May 28 that year.
On February 20, 1964, due to the inability to maintain it from the city budget it entered the structure of the voluntary sports society “Vodnik” of the Soviet Danube Shipping Company until 1992 with the right to provide city sport and cultural events free of charge.
“Vodnik” is a voluntary all-union sports society of the trade union of workers of the sea and river fleet. It was created in 1938 by merging voluntary sports societies “Sailor” and “Vympel”.
From 1992 to 2018 it continued to be owned by the enterprise, however, it was renamed the Central Stadium of the Ukrainian Danube Shipping Company due to the collapse of the Union.
In 2018 it was transferred to the city municipal property and received the current name “Central Stadium”.
Today it has 6,700 seats, but the original number of seats was 7,500.