Address: Pushkina str., 24
Period of construction: beginning of the 20th century
By the beginning of the twentieth century the urban development quarter, which is limited by today’s streets of Pokrovskaya, Khotinskay, Pushkina and Kishinevskaya, had number 96 then. Here is the building, which was located on the corner of Broshchanskaya str. (modern Pushkina street) and Kishinevskaya str. Now it houses the Gas-handling facility.
Construction of the building began at the end of the 19th century, as indicated on the bricks with the date “1896” found by gas workers. However, it is documented that the mansion was built by 1901. It was constructed from organic building material – turtle stone, a type of porous limestone.
There is an underground passage under the building, leading to the Danube side. It is walled up.
Recently a memorial plaque was placed on the facade of the building, which reported that in June 1941 the headquarters of the 287th Infantry Regiment of the 51 Perekopskaya Division of the Workers ‘and Peasants’ Red Army was located here.
In the postwar years, the Izmail Regional Military Commissariat was based in the building. In the early 80s the main entrance to it was on Kishinevskaya street, where the entrance of the mansion was historically – to this day the gate is tightly closed and the entrance has moved to Pushkina str.
After the transfer of the regional center to Odessa the city military commissariat placed here.
Since 1953 there is the Gas-handling facility which is located in this building today.