Address: 37 Suvorov Ave.
The construction period – 1 half of 19th century
Despite the fact that there are several similar one-story buildings in Izmail which was characteristic for the period of development of the cities of the south of the Russian Empire of the XIX – early XX centuries, the locals talk about this building in the center of Izmail when say “under the columns”.
One source indicates that this object from the list of monuments of history and architecture of local importance was built in the 1830s and at that time 62 trading shops were located here. Note that in 1833 there were 303 such shops in Izmail.
In the list of monuments of Soviet Izmail, another date is indicated – 1841. Anyway there is a building of the first half of the 19th century.
According to available information, the shops had an underground connection with the neighboring building of the “France” Hotel.
The 20th century generation remembers the shooting range located in the basement of this building. Later it was replaced by a kebab-house.